Followers

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Remember Me


If you havent seen the movie, see it.
Its very very moving.. I'm starting to realize how easy I tear up.

I was there in NYC when September 11 happened.
I was in school at the time, and I was there to witness what happened in New York.
What I remember so sharply from that day was the silence. There was panic, but
ironically it was so silent. I remember one father at school, I overheard him saying
his wife was in the building, and that he could not contact her. I was only 11 at the time,
but I knew the look on his face. Though he did not want to believe it yet, he knew
his wife was dead. I suppose the silence came from the losses people suffered.
You may be unaffected by their deaths. But you could feel what those who did felt,
in a way. Their sadness gripped the city and made it silent.







_____________

3 comments:

  1. true what people say, seconds after disaster there is a complete silence, as if there's a breaking in realization in human being that we are weak and small.

    ReplyDelete