Followers

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Times have changed.

Songs BEFORE and songs NOW.
Specifically about fidelity and such.

BEFORE:

I'll Never Break Your Heart - Backstreet Boys

Truly, Madly, Deeply - Savage Garden

Quit Playing Games with My Heart - Backstreet Boys

I don't wanna miss a thing - Aerosmith

Cry me a River - Justin Timberlake

NOW:

Break Your Heart - Taio Cruz

Heartbreaker - Will I Am

Unfaithful - Rihanna

Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne

Irreplaceable - Beyonce

Love the Way you Lie - Eminem ft Rihanna

The list is endless

Sure both times have songs about infidelity but before it was shameful. Couples just dont have that strong of a bond anymore. Everyone is replaceable. And people LIKE being hurt.
It used to be popular to sing about how faithful one is. Now breaking hearts seems cool as these kinds of songs top charts. Doesnt music always reflect what society is into? Explains relationships these days. Times do change.





_________________

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, as boring as u, Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. U love my blog. Thats why you keep commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol for anon ;)
    I thought I'd do an anatomy of 'Fuck of bitch' just for gigs :P
    Let's assume that this particular anon is actually not a moron (I know it's hard to do that but let's just assume for fuck's sake!). So, what (s)he means by 'fuck of bitch' is not the modern day interpretation of the phrase 'fuck off' it's actually a clever adaptation of the Victorian grammar rules; this is how:
    Did you notice that in this post most 'old' songs are sung by guys! And most 'new' ones are sung by girls! So, 'fuck of bitch' refers to the 'fuck' (not simple fornication but rather a figurative meaning of the word 'fuck') which is performed by these ladies on their men, the present day guys (read you and I and others like us).
    *can't believe I came up with this ultra stupid shit* rofl ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. No actually thats quite impressive. And I'd agree that would make for quite the misunderstanding. But here check out some previous anon comments:
    http://missingepiphany.blogspot.com/2010/08/fixed-rapture.html#comments

    And there's one where he/she said "fuck of bitch" again but i cant remember where.

    Then again these anons can be different people its hard to tell. But one thing fo sho is they are definately morons. XD

    And thanks for taking the time and effort to help me figure it out. But these ppl cant be figured out I think.

    ReplyDelete