Followers

Monday, August 23, 2010

Sleep is a bitch



Sleep is definately a person. Why? Only mankind can be this cruel.
Sleep, in my self-made personification of you I shall mock you back!



Look at you, dark satisfaction in your smirk. You revel in my torture.
Glee fills your breast. Proud, silently proud that I insult you.
No, my insult to you is but tribute! A token of your accomplishment.
To your ears you hear only an ode to your importance.




I seek you. Effortlessly you avoid. You taunt me, your fingers beckoning.
Come you say. Come, you are weary. In my arms you shall rest.



But no. Your embrace is but apparition! Tendrils of smoke. Enticing but half-real.
I lay down only to fall.. to stumble. My eyes close, you choose to vanish.
I hear you snicker. Oh, Sleep! As clear as my torment, you are but clearer to me.







Tonight you deny me your escape.

Only to pounce on an unwilling me come daylight.






_____________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. kah kah, that bitch always linger with me @@!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so "sleep" is actually a "she" ? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well.. a lesbian more like. Seeming how she dont like me much.

    ReplyDelete