Followers

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Roadkill


Certain people develop claustrophobia, be it in lifts or crowded shopping malls. I would pity the ones who have to drive on the roads of Bangalore. Here, space isn't a privilege nor an attainable commodity if i can call it that. Its an absolute free for all. In saying so, its accepted to squeeze in between motorists and brush up against them through the everyday affair of reaching college or work.
However, by no means should it be okay to run over a person's foot with your car tire!
So it happened this morning I received a pleasant surprise from a carefree lady driver who must have not seen my lower right appendage (or me at all for that matter) as she nearly rammed straight into my bike as well.


Prior to the punishment my right foot endured, she managed to ram into another person on scooter too. I glared at her as she apparently passed unnoticingly. My anger satisfied by angry shouts of other motorists who witnessed the incident, I chose not to make a scene - late as I was to class. XD

4 comments:

  1. Can't believe it!!! A car tire over your foot???!!! That must've hurt ... we're talking of several hundreds of kg load on one of the supplest part of the body!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... I used to think it wouldve been horrible too. But after just a brief shocking pain, its not worth more than a shrug. Or it could be because of my super-human fasting strength and patience in the month of ramadhan. hahaha
    XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read somewhere 'a man who knows how to fast, think and wait can get anything in life' !
    Gotta be your super-human persona, I don't see a reason why it should not hurt. I've had a bike do that to me once and it was horrible ... or wait a minute, what car was it again? Did you say Nano :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha.. No it wasnt small, nor huge for that matter. I cringe to think what happend to her other victims though, with driving like that. #_#

    ReplyDelete